Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mid 80s This Weekend!




Outdoors Calling....

It’s in the 80s for the first time this year! Loving the gift of warmth and sunshine, I prepare for the transition from indoors the patio and garden living. It’s a whole new way to be… new routines and fresh air. It’s only April so the warm weekend will give way to some cooler air once again. There is relief in that fact; I am not ready for the onslaught of the brutal valley heat that eventually takes place here.


It’s time to drop whatever projects the indoor wintertime had me so involved in. Got to just re prioritize how I spend my moments. I don’t want to miss the opportunities for that first taste of summertime and all that it holds. Fragrant flowers, bee’s buzzing, water slashing on my feet as I give the potted plants a drink from the hose.


The local orchards have almost completed their cycle of splendor. First were the Almond blossoms, then Peach and Apple blooms and the intense and concentrated Cherry bloom, the beginning creation of the prized and precious fruit our community revolves around.

My gardens are calling me to take notice and take care of what is taking place. The rains have dried up and plants grow willy nilly over sidewalks and lawns. The vines start to intermingle and will be a tangled mess if I don’t keep them in proper order.


Flowers pop up all over my garden bringing surprise and delight to the landscape. The camellias were most abundant this season, almost gone now, while I impatiently await the opening of large buds covering the Clematis vines.





Coming home from work and checking email brings the happiness of more pictures sent to me from the “Lamb Cam” from my sister’s ranch up North. Where the flowers aren’t quite blooming yet but spring has a whole different vibe of producing her precious baby lambs. It’s a good thing her flowers come later because she just would not have time to “stop and smell the roses” with all of the busyness that takes place. *Sigh* It’s got to be happy season there in spite of the intense activity.

Yes, its spring and I’ve got to go…. The outdoors life is calling my name!

1 comment:

braveheart said...

i hope u hav a gr8 summer time...
don forget to listen to the song-sweet home Alabama